Beyond TRO:1945 - BattleTech Stats for Real-World Equipment

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 28 November 2019
Captain posted this 19 November 2019

TRO:1945 provided quite a good amount of material to work with in regards to historical equipment. However, there was so much more materiel in WWII than was shown in the TRO, especially in regards to the naval conflicts that formed the core of the Pacific War. Therefore, I turn to any fans of both BTech and history to help me, essentially, complete the TRO:1945.

For my first contribution, my grandfather served on the Iowa-class battleship New Jersey. Therefore, I put forward the following stats for her main armament, the 16"/50 Mk. 7 gun, extrapolated from my research into the weapon:

_____

Weight: 121.5t

Slots: 120

Ammunition: 2/3t

Range: 76 maps

Damage: 200 in target hex; 100 +1 hex; 50 +2 hexes*

Targeting Modifier: -1 (Against WWII enemies, only; +2, otherwise)

Note: Requires 2 turns to reload (Can only fire once every 3 turns)

*A thread I had read on the NavWeaps forums mentioned that the HE shells could leave a crater 6 meters deep and possessed a lethal radius of ~75 meters.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
icehellion posted this 20 November 2019

Why not go for a standard artillery piece?

Thunder posted this 25 November 2019

I don't think the target modifier matters.  A Hex is a Hex is a hex.  in 1945 or 3145.

Damage is much higher then it should be. 500 tons of TNT is only 100 damage in the target hex, when delivered by nukes.

Captain posted this 25 November 2019

I don't think the target modifier matters.  A Hex is a Hex is a hex.  in 1945 or 3145.

Damage is much higher then it should be. 500 tons of TNT is only 100 damage in the target hex, when delivered by nukes.

Here's the exact quote from NavWeaps:

"The High Capacity (HC) shell can create a crater 50 feet wide and 20 feet deep (15 x 6 m)." http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS16-50mk7.php

... Looking at it, I can maybe halve the damage.

Thunder posted this 28 November 2019

Well you know,  The dirt is tougher in the future.  More resistant to antique weapons.

Close